You may not always be able to get out and look at new homes in person, but if you are stuck at home that doesn’t mean you can’t still plan out your dream home. Today there are so many tools online to help you start planning so by the time you meet with a builder you’re ready to make it happen.
Where to Start
The first place you can start is on the Wright Homes website. We have plans available online to see what is available in the neighborhood where you want to live. You can search by specific community or by home plan and decide on a house that is exactly what you want.
Make it Your Own
Once you pick out the perfect floorplan at Wright Homes, the next step is to plan out the interior. There are so many online tools out there that allow you build a home plan from scratch using your Wright Homes floorplan, and add details like flooring, paint, landscaping, and more to see what your home will look like when it’s finished.
Online home planner tools that are available allow you to see both the 2D floorplan version, but also a 3D rendering of what it will eventually look like, which is especially helpful for people who have a hard time imagining a home from lines on a page. Some of the best free ones out there include:
- Planner 5D – plan detailed interiors and add architectural items like doors, windows, stairs, and more. Plus when you’re finished with the interior you can work on landscaping plans for the yard. You can also browse other designers’ work to see what’s trending.
- Roomstyler 3D – great option for when you already have a pre-designed floorplan from Wright Homes and want to work on the interior to experiment with furniture, paint colors, and more.
- Homestyler – this program was originally used by professionals to plan home designs, but a user-friendly (non-expert) version was sold to Easyhome and is now available for use online. It creates great 3D renderings and has a simple, intuitive user interface.
- IKEA Room Planner – if one of your biggest questions is how that IKEA furniture will look in your new home, use the online room planner tool to see it in 3D. This is more of a room-by-room tool than a whole-house planning tool, and it only includes IKEA furniture so you won’t be able to mix and match other pieces in the room.
- Living Spaces 3D Room Designer – this program gives you the design center experience from the comfort of your couch, choosing from a wide variety of flooring, cabinets, paint colors, countertops, and more. They also have a huge design inspiration center with ideas by your style type, from farmhouse to mid-century modern or nautical.
Start Dreaming Today
Now is a great time to start thinking about building that dream home. Find your perfect floorplan and neighborhood at Wright Homes and start making it your own without ever leaving the couch. Once you’re ready to translate those dreams into a beautiful home, we’re here to help you make it happen.